Riga, Latvia, April 23, 2020 — Erica Synths is one of the few manufacturers that uses vacuum tubes in its Eurorack modules — and those who are familiar with tube-based modules know that tubes can push the sound to extremes, or transform it into deep and saturated tones. Today, Erica Synths announces three new Fusion series modules: Fusion VCF3
, Fusion Modulator
and Fusion VCA-Waveshaper-Ringmodulator.
These modules comprise the new Erica Synths Fusion System II: a modular synthesizer for creating sounds of unprecedented pressure, unconventional modulations and creativity. The 104HP system has 63 patch points for extensive experiments in sound design, using all analog signals and CV paths. It is a system for those, who take a sound design seriously.
Fusion System II includes:
- Two Fusion VCO2s: This is a fully analog sound source with three simultaneously available waveforms; transistor-based sub-oscillator and detune function; two BBD delay lines to shift frequencies and mix back to the principal oscillator (this can emulate two detuned VCOs). On top of it all, a Tube Crunch control delivers distinct tube overdrive.
- A Fusion VCF3: This is a resonant 24dB/oct lowpass filter of unique design that combines vacuum tubes and vactrols, providing distinct, soft filtering. For more versatility, a CV recorder that records motion of the potentiometer is also incorporated in the module so users can design advanced modulation patterns.
- Fusion Modulator - This is a complex, all analog CV source consisting of several blocks including two EMS Synthi inspired looping envelope generators with simultaneous unipolar (0V-10V) and bipolar (-5V-+5V), VCA, a Noise generator and a Sample & Hold.
- Fusion VCA-Waveshaper-Ringmodulator – This is a modulation source based on two miniature pentodes that operate as VCAs, waveshaper and ringmodulator. With two CVs applied simultaneously to different stages of the VCA audio rate modulations, using the ringmodulator as a waveshaper becomes a surprisingly versatile sound shaping module.
- Fusion Delay/Flanger/Vintage Ensemble – This is a distinct multifunctional analog effects module that combines BBD chip based effects with an adjustable tube overdrive in the delay output, as well as a feedback path for extra thickness of the sound.
- 104HP One Row Skiff case (with or without a lid)
- 20 patch cables
Fusion System II is available from June 5th
at €1,950 MSRP (VAT excl.) without case lid
, and €2,030 (VAT excl.) with case lid.
Introducing the Fusion VCA-Waveshaper-Ringmodulator
The Fusion VCA-Waveshaper-Ringmodulator is a complex modulation source that combines a VCA, waveshaper and ringmodulator. It’s not a regular VCA (it can operate as one), but most of the power of the module is in its advanced modulation capability since it has two CVs that can be applied simultaneously to different stages of the VCA. Using the VCA-Waveshaper-Ringmodulator, your imagination is the only limit!
- Fully analog design
- Vacuum tube based VCA – two miniature pentodes for better gain reduction
- Two unconventional CV controls – CVs are not mixed, but they control different grid voltages of the tubes
- Manual VCA bias control
- Manual overdrive
- Input crossfader
- Built-in ringmodulator
- Direct switch for conventional VCA mode
- Low power consumption due to miniature vacuum tubes
The VCA-Waveshaper-Ringmodulator is available from June 5th and will be priced at €290 MSRP (VAT excl.)
Introducing the Fusion VCF3
The Fusion VCF3 meantime is resonant 24dB/oct lowpass filter of unique design that combines vacuum tubes and vactrols for distinct, soft filtering. For more versatility, an independent audio mixer and buffered multiple is incorporated in the module, and most importantly, a CV recorder that captures the motion of the potentiometer — enabling you to design advanced modulation patterns.
Fusion VCF3 Features:
- Fully analogue design
- Vacuum tube and vactrol based filter circuit. Because of vactrol lag, the VCF will not accept audio rate modulation, the maximum modulation frequency is 10Hz
- Input signal mixer with gain 2 for signal overdrive
- Buffered multiple for splitting audio and CV signals
- Potentiometer motion record unit with CV and gate outputs
- Recorded CV multiplication and division
The Fusion VCF3 is available now and priced at €330 MSRP (VAT excl.)
Introducing Fusion Modulator
The new Fusion Modulator is a complex, all analog modulation source with several distinct features. It consists of several blocks: two EMS Synthi functionality inspired looping envelope generators with simultaneous unipolar (0V-10V) and bipolar (-5V-+5V), VCA, noise generator and sample & hold. This makes Fusion Modulator a versatile modulation source for advanced modular setups — especially drone music oriented ones. Set looping envelope generators to high frequencies and have two sub bass sound sources; use VCA to control the amplitude of the envelope signal; modulate the decay time by random voltages from S&H circuit to get ever evolving sonic awesomeness!
Fusion Modulator Features:
- Fully analogue design
- Two looping envelope generators with Attack, On, Decay and Off time control
- CV control over Decay time
- Simultaneous unipolar (0V-10V) and bipolar (-5V - +5V) envelope outputs
- Manual trigger button
- End of Cycle output
- VCA with the offset control
- Zener diode based white noise source
- Sample&Hold circuit with internal and external clock source
The Fusion Modulator is available now for €310 MSRP (VAT excl.)
About Erica Synths
Erica Synths team of visionaries, engineers and musicians have been working hard to bring you modules and instruments that will set your modular system apart from mass in terms of how it sounds, looks and functions.